Friday, April 9, 2010

The beginnings of some pie stands

Have I mentioned here that we're having pie at the wedding reception? Ideally, our friends and family members who would like to, will make a pie and bring it to the reception venue. I'm pretty sure we'll have enough this way, but I have a back-up bakery in mind just in case.

I've been thinking that I'd like have the pies displayed in a nice way. Just because it isn't wedding cake doesn't mean it shouldn't be pretty. So, I spent a little time looking at thrift stores for cake stands. I thought that would be easy enough? I was not correct in that assumption. No cake stands.

Okay, so I thought, maybe I'd just get a bunch of logs cut to different heights and the pies could sit on those. But, apparently, I have no idea where to find those types of things.

Then, I saw this tutorial from Design Sponge on how to make your own cake stands and I'm gonna do it. I've begun scouring the thrift stores for wide candle bases, and cute, flowery plates.




So, this is what I have so far... a couple plates and a number of stands. Still some collecting work to do, but I think I like them!
*All photos by me*

No comments:

Post a Comment