Pie Table // Photo by Lindsay J. C. Lack
- Talk to you caterer and venue to make sure they're okay with outside desserts.
- Ask your friends for help at least a month in advance. Be specific about what you want (we wanted home-made, not store-bought), and allow people to say no (don't make it an obligation.) If I were doing it again, I'd specify no cream pies so we wouldn't have to worry about spoilage.
- If you want to, provide a place for out-of-towners to make pies the day before. (We used my parent's kitchen.)
- If you are doing this, make sure to get recipes ahead of time so you know what ingredients to buy, visit thrift stores in advance to find some extra inexpensive pie pans, and make sure you have enough utensils on hand.
- Also, if you are doing this recruit someone to deliver the pies for you to the reception site.
Loving the Pie! // Photo by Lindsay J. C. Lack